IT Field Service Engineer
3401 E Truman Road
Kansas City, Missouri 64127
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week
Description: Kenton Brothers, Inc.
is a 120 year old company located in the Crossroads area of Kansas City and has become one of the most trusted names in the security industry. We are known for our culture and company values and are looking to add experienced technicians to our service / installation teams.
As an IT Field Service Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting our electronic access control Systems, IP video solutions, and customized integrated security solutions. The position requires you to work with our clients and their IT staff to implement, troubleshoot and support physical access control and IP Network Video Systems.
The ideal candidate requires experience and the ability to setup routers and firewalls, Layer 2 and 3 network switches, large storage servers, and VMware solutions. Our customers include a broad
range of commercial, industrial and institutional clients, as well as secure government facilities. The position also requires you to support the IT infrastructure and equipment of our in-
house network and security demo equipment.
All Applicants must have a clean driving record, excellent attendance record and be willing to submit to a drug test / background check.
- Assists in the design, specification, configuration, installation, support, maintenance and upgrading of clients security network equipment and associated software including IP cameras, Network Video Servers, electronic access control appliances and servers.
- The candidate will also be able to effectively adjust priorities and focus as requirement shifts in our dynamic environment.
- Helps customers with Security system related network and software issues to ensure operational efficiency and minimal downtime
- Assists with the maintenance and documentation of all network design /configuration and documents all significant changes to client’s security systems
- Works with Client’s IT staff to integrate security projects in a timely fashion
- Keeps knowledge of IT technology current, specifically as it pertains to network protocols and how it interfaces with our security products
- Completes assigned training in a timely manner and demonstrates ability to apply new skills to duties and responsibilities
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of networking and server experience
- Minimum of 3 years related experience
- Experience working in a multi-server network environment demonstrating a working knowledge of enterprise LANs; WANs; SANs/NAS; networking theory; and server maintenance
- Must pass background search and security clearance
- Energetic and enthusiastic individual that loves working with new and interesting technology
- Someone with above average problem solving and prioritization skills
- An individual with commitment and dedication to security and the IT profession
- Strong communication skills
- Self motivated and innovative, highly resourceful
- Keen attention to detail
- Independent learner
- Sense of urgency compliant with customer’s expectations
- Organization is a key component
- Ability to tackle tasks from start to finish in a predictable and efficient manner
- Also must be able to demonstrate the ability to approach problems from many directions and choose the most appropriate resolution
- Able to meet deadlines and complete technical tasks under pressure
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and communication skills; capable of training users in applications and operating system fundamentals and writing basic documentation
- Effective problem solving skills and the ability to effectively contribute to a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve technical problems pertaining to personal computer and server hardware and software
- Understanding of low voltage control circuitry (relays, power supply, switches, I/O) would be an advantage
- Experience working with Microsoft Active Directory and related management tools a plus
- Must be able to lift and maneuver 40 pounds
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com, or use the form on our website.
Date Posted: 2018-12-10