By Kristen Harper, Controller and HR Manager at Kenton Brothers
The KB Team is on the road again! This time to the heart of Texas for a large security installation.
We’re fortunate to have a team of technicians willing to travel for the company in our pursuit of keeping others #AllSecure. Traveling can be fun, but it does have it’s ups and downs, especially when it’s for a several weeks at a time. And when there are families and pets involved. Traveling can also produce some challenges when you’re several hundred miles away from the corporate office and have tools and equipment to deliver.
Here are some tips that we’ve found make the traveling experience a little bit smoother:
- Clean your car before and after your road trip
- Check your vehicle and make sure it has had proper maintenance
- Have a PLAN. We like all of our technicians to depart with an itinerary so they feel confident about their end results and goals.
- Have emergency contacts and support available
- Find some enjoyment along the way
Our team definitely embodies the work hard, play hard mentality as they travel. They’ve encountered some friendly snakes, mega bugs, and learned a little bit more about each other than they ever thought they would. And who doesn’t love running into the ice-cream truck???