By David Strickland, Vice President of Kenton Brothers
At Kenton Brothers Systems for Security, we believe that the best advice comes from the field. Our technicians are fantastic at taking great care of our customers. So we asked them about creating a Top 10 list for our customers on how to keep their commercial security systems running well. Here’s what they told us.
Top 10 Technician Tips:
What customers can do to keep their commercial security systems running well.
- Put a recurring reminder on your calendar to replace batteries.
- Test and verify system functionality on a monthly basis.
- When you see damaged, loose, or missing devices, address the problem sooner than later.
(Replace these weathered devices proactively to prevent a cascading failure later.)
- Put the KB service phone number and email in your contact list. This will help identify us when we call or email.
- Put KB service contact information on all control panels, NVRs, power supplies, etc.
- Have a system inspection and maintenance program. (This extends the life of your system.)
- Properly train your team members on the proper procedures of how to interact with system and devices.
- Limit personnel with system keys and passwords. (Provide separate login credentials for each authorized user and don’t share passwords. Limit the physical access to those same panels.)
- Point out system devices and cabling to contractors when remodeling to prevent damage or system interruption.
- Keep equipment access areas clean and clear for technicians to work and service your systems.
Our technicians take a lot of pride in providing the very best service in the region. They are all factory certified. In an age where customer service is often an afterthought or an annoyance, the KB technicians stand out as champions for our customers.
Please let us know if we can help support you in implementing these Top 10 Technician Tips!